Monday, August 6, 2012

Splatter paint nails!

Okay so these nails were one of the first nails I tried and I think they are super easy and a lot of fun. If you have a child they could have a lot of fun with this as well! Okay so here is a list of all the supplies you need!

A straw! Just a regular drinking straw. Now I cut mine in half for better control of the splatter but I have done it with a full straw as well, it is just a lot messier!

A base color nail polish. I like to use a pastel. Something with a big contrast from the other colors you use.

Three bright colors. You literally have a world of choices with this. Now I chose to use the brightest colors I can because I want them to really pop.

Nail polish remover. No matter what this makes a mess so have it handy. Q-tips are very handy!

Something to lay down on your work area. I normally use newspaper!

And last but not least, clear top coat! I never new how very important clear coat was until I started using it. It gives your nails a nice shine and helps your design last longer!


Okay so to start, easy. Paint your nails a nice pastel color. I chose to use Pistachio by Fresh Paint. It's a nice pale green that will really make my colors stand out. LET THEM DRY! This is so important! Between each layer let your nails dry. If you don't everything will peel off as soon as you touch something.

Next use one of your splatter colors! I am using a plain red by Love & Beauty. Now all you have to do it take your brush and place a small amount of paint on some paper. Now dip your straw into it and then place it about one inch over your nail. Use short quick blows and splatter your first color. Now I noticed that as i moved from nail to nail this got easier.

Now repeat this step with your next two colors! And remember to let them dry in-between! I used Hydrangea by Fresh Paint and Dance party Pink by Confetti

Now just top it off with a top clear coat!

Now all you have left to do is clean up! I normally use some paper towel and nail polish remover to get the polish off around my fingers and then take a Q-tip dipped in remover to get around my nails.




Okay so I have done splatter paint nails a few times now, and this time I don't think I chose the best top colors! Normally I use really bright colors like hot pink and bright blue but I wanted to try something a little different. I think they still look cool; they just don't look at wild as I like.

So tomorrow I am going to do skull nails! I have never tried them before but I am very excited about it! Stop back to check it out!

:-) Jess!






My work station!!
Base coat!
Dip your straw in the polish!
Use Short quick blows to splatter paint!

Clean up, and don't forget your top coat!!!

1 comment: